Volunteers at the hospice
Healthcare volunteer: motivated by individual and humanitarian reasons, a healthcare volunteer provides psychological and somatic support free of charge at various levels of the healthcare system.
Lay volunteer, hospice assistant: after having completed voluntary training, a lay volunteer/hospice assistant goes on under the supervision/direction of professional staff to provide physical and spiritual support to patients and their families during the period of the illness and bereavement.
1. Care and help for the patient
- patient supervision
- reading to patients
- lending an ear, conversation, spiritual support
- washing, bathing, shaving
- helping patients to eat and drink
- changing beds
- taking patients for walks, dressing them
2. Helping the family
- psychological support during the period of the illness and bereavement
- easing the burden
- a personal presence, consoling family members